Meet Chief Instructor & Founder of NJMMAA: Garrett Goldsberry
Garrett started his martial arts training at the age of 5 years old in Okinawan Shorin Ryu Shotokan. Garrett has since expanded his training to other arts such as Muay Thai, Aikido, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Through his training, he has earned a 2nd-degree black belt in Karate Do, a 1st-degree black belt in Kobudo under Renshi Gene Corbo, and is currently a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under George Sernack (Renzo Gracie Black Belt).
He holds Black Belts in:
- 2nd Degree BB Shorin-Ryu Shorinkan
- 1st Degree BB Shorin Ryu Weapons
- 3rd Degree BB American Freestyle Kickboxing (World Champion Grandmaster Reginald Goode)
- 1st Degree Renzo Gracie BB (George Sernack)
- Licensed Corner/Cutman NJ/NY/PA
- Martial Arts Consultant: SCCC, KHS, LifeWithJoy, and much local law enforcement and military personal.
As a competitor, Garrett has medaled on State, National, and Junior Olympic levels. In addition, his students have competed with much success in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu/ Submission Grappling competitions. Currently, he is a licensed corner man who manages both amateur and Pro-MMA fighters. He is a 2008 martial arts consultant for the SCCC criminal justice program. And is also working on being the consultant for a couple local police departments.
For the past decade, Garrett has turned his focus towards his students. Helping them achieve their personal martial arts and fitness goals. Whether you are looking to be a professional fighter, loss weight, bully proof your child or just find a stress release he can help you obtain your goals.